Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2ears of corn - roasted
1 can(s)of black beans - drained and rinsed
1jalapeno - chopped fine
1/2red onion - diced
2 clovegarlic - minced
1orange bell pepper
1 can(s)roasted tomatoes - drained and diced
1tomato - diced
·salt and pepper
How to Make Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- Remove silk from corn and fold the husks back over the corn. Grill on high heat until the husks are charred and the corn is tender.
- Chop onions and garlic. Place into bowl
- Juice two limes over the onions and garlic. The lime juice will start to cook the onions and garlic.
- Dice Bell Pepper and finely chop jalapeno add to bowl
I like heat so I leave the seeds and ribs in my jalapeno but if you don't like heat remove the seeds and ribs.
- drain black beans and roasted tomatoes.
You can always use fresh roasted tomatoes
- Rinse the black beans add to bowl
- Dice roasted tomatoes and fresh tomato, removing the seeds and as much juice as possible Add to bowl
- Finely chop cilantro add to bowl
I don't like the way the stems taste so I always just remove most of the stem and finely chop
- Remove corn from the cob add to bowl
- add salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder to taste. Stir
If you are going to add the cojita cheese remember that it is a rather salty cheese
- crumble cojita cheese over salsa right before serving and give a final stir
I do a fine crumble and use about 1/4 a cup of the cheese but it depends on the amount of salt you have used in the salsa and how much you like cojita cheese