Roasted Corn Mexican Style (Maiz Asado)
8 largeears of fresh sweet corn
1/2 csour cream
1 Tbsplime juice
1 tspgrated lime zest or peel
2 cgrated cotija or parmesan cheese
2 tspancho chile powder
1/2 tspchipotle chile powder or diced chipotles in salsa
How to Make Roasted Corn Mexican Style (Maiz Asado)
- Peel corn husks down to the base of each cob. Leaving the husks attached. Remove the silk. Remove 1 long piece of corn husk from each cob to use as a tie. Pull husks from corn; tie with the piece of husk or a string to provide a handle.
- Soak in a large pot or sink filled with water for twenty minutes. Drain (corn should be wet but not dripping when placed on the grill).
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest in a small bowl. Spoon into a very tall wide glass. Combine on a plate the grated cheese and the chile powders spreading on the plate.
- heat the grill. Grill the corn, covered over medium heat or coals 8 to 10 minutesor until tender and beginning to char, turning every two minutes. Cool corn for two minutes after taken off the grill.
- Holding corn by the husks, dip into the mayonnaise mixture; then roll in the cheese mixture. It's so gooood. Enjoy
- A tall wide glass is the perfect container for the mayonnaise dipping sauce. Just make sure it is wide and deep enough to accomodate an ear of corn.
- Above picture is not mine; but I have used to show you what the corn should look like. Will post mine in a few days.