Rice & Sweet Pepper Bowl
- 4 medium
- green or red sweet bell peppers
- 1 (8.8 oz)
- pouch cooked spanish-style rice
- 1 (14 oz.) can(s)
- stewed tomatoes
- 4 (1 oz.) slice
- pepper jack cheese
- 1 oz
- parmesan cheese
- fresh oregano (optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Rice & Sweet Pepper Bowl
- 1Quarter peppers; remove stems, seeds and ribs; place in a 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish.
- 2Add 2 Tbsp water; cover with parchment and microwave on high 4 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- 3Remove peppers from dish; drain and set aside.
- 4Microwave rice according to package directions; drain tomatoes, reserving 2 Tbsp of liquid.
- 5In a baking dish layer half the peppers (cut sides up), rice, tomatoes, Pepper Jack cheese and remaining peppers (cut sides down); drizzle reserved tomato liquid.
- 6Cover with parchment; microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes, turning once; let stand 5 minutes.
- 7To serve, top with Parmesan and oregano; drizzle with olive oil.