Rice & Sweet Pepper Bowl
4 mediumgreen or red sweet bell peppers
1 (8.8 oz)pouch cooked spanish-style rice
1 (14 oz.) can(s)stewed tomatoes
4 (1 oz.) slicepepper jack cheese
1 ozparmesan cheese
·fresh oregano (optional)
1 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Rice & Sweet Pepper Bowl
- Quarter peppers; remove stems, seeds and ribs; place in a 2-quart square microwave-safe baking dish.
- Add 2 Tbsp water; cover with parchment and microwave on high 4 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Remove peppers from dish; drain and set aside.
- Microwave rice according to package directions; drain tomatoes, reserving 2 Tbsp of liquid.
- In a baking dish layer half the peppers (cut sides up), rice, tomatoes, Pepper Jack cheese and remaining peppers (cut sides down); drizzle reserved tomato liquid.
- Cover with parchment; microwave on HIGH 5 to 6 minutes, turning once; let stand 5 minutes.
- To serve, top with Parmesan and oregano; drizzle with olive oil.