☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 small
- red cabbage head (about 1 lb)
- tart apples
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- caraway seeds
- salt and black pepper, to taste
How to Make Red Cabbage And Apples In Caraway Cream Sauce
- 1Place the cabbage, cut side down, on a cutting board. With a large stainless steel knife, slice it into very thin shreds. Quarter the apples. Remove the cores and cut the apples into 1/2-inch dice.
- 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the cabbage and apples and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts, about 6 minutes.
- 3Stir in the cream and caraway seeds. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer, until the cream begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Serve hot.