Red cabbage, a .k.a. Rotkohl mit apfel
This is a sweet, tangy version of Rotkohl.
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, cold
- red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- apple cider
- 1 medium
- apple, granny smith, peeled, cored and chopped
- salt and pepper
How to Make Red cabbage, a .k.a. Rotkohl mit apfel
- 1Use a 3 or 4 qt. pan. Heat the oil and butter in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the shredded red cabbage and the onion. Toss to coat with the oil. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add the cider vinegar, apple cider, water and chopped apple. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- 3Remove cover and let simmer for 10 minutes until liquid has disappeared.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!