☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 smalleggplant, pared and cut in 1/4" slices
4 tspolive oil
1 largeyellow squash, cut in 1/4" diagonal slices
1zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1yellow onion, thinly sliced
1red bell pepper, julienned
3garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
1/4 ctomato paste
2 Tbspparsley, fresh and chopped
2 Tbspbasil, fresh chopped
2 tspthyme, fresh chopped
How to Make Ratatouille Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray nonstick baking sheet and a 1 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine eggplant and 1 teaspoon of the oil; toss to coat.
- On prepared baking sheet, arrange eggplant slices in a single layer.
- Repeat procedure with squash, then zucchini, tossing each with 1 teaspoon of the oil and arrange each separately in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes; turn vegetables and bake 8 minutes longer.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil; add onion, red pepper and garlic.
- Saute over medium heat, 5 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Cook covered, shaking pan occasionally, 5 minutes longer.
- In small bowl, combine tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water; set aside.
- In separate small bowl, combine parsley, basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- In prepared casserole, arrange half of the baked eggplant slices, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture.
- Continue layering with half of each of the sliced tomato, baked squash, onion mixture and baked zucchini, sprinkling 1 teaspoon of the herb mixture between each layer.
- Repeat procedure, ending with zucchini.
- Pour tomato paste mixture over layered vegetables.
- Bake covered with foil, 50 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer.