Quick Creamed Corn
How to Make Quick Creamed Corn
- Add about 1 tbsp butter to a frying pan or boiler and heat on medium. Do not burn.
- Add corn and stir, steaming slightly for a few minutes cook and remove any excess water.
- Add the remaining butter and stir until melted and mixed in.
- Pour enough milk to barely cover the corn. Turn the temp on low and let it heat up for just a minute.
- In a measuring cup, add 1 Tbsp flower to 1/4 cup milk and stir with a fork until all the lumps are gone.
- Gradually pour the flour/milk mixture into the pan, stirring to mix as you pour.
- When the corn mixture starts to thicken, add salt and pepper to taste. Keep adding flour/milk mixture to desired thickness and taste.