2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 smallred onion, sliced
1tart apple, thinly sliced
10 ozfinely shredded red cabbage
1/4 capple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbspkosher salt
1 1/2 capple cider
1 tspcaraway seeds
How to Make Quick Apple & Red Sauerkraut
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion & apple and cook stirring constantly,until it begins to brown,about 1-2 mins.
- Add cabbage,vinegar & salt.
- Cook,stirring frequently,for 2 mins.,or until cabbage has wilted.
- Add the cider and caraway seeds & bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat & simmer the kraut for about 10 mins., until the cabbage is tender and a few tbsp. of the juice remain.