Post Thanksgiving Potato Pancakes
What would holiday leftovers be without potato pancakes? Such an easy way to reinvent mashed potatoes. The bacon grease adds tons of flavor so I suggest using that if you have on hand. Crisp on the outside and warm on the inside, these are super yummy.
Note: I needed about 1 cup of flour to create the proper consistency.
- cups leftover mashed potatoes
- medium onion, chopped fine
- egg, beaten
- cup shredded cheddar cheese
- bacon drippings, if you have them or oil for frying
- flour, as needed
How to Make Post Thanksgiving Potato Pancakes
- 4Shape pancakes into about 3-inch patties, flattening them to about 1/4 inch. Pepper and lightly salt patties and fry until golden brown on each side.
Serve with sour cream.
NOTE: The key to making good potato pancakes is to make sure the skillet and oil are HOT and to make sure there is enough flour in the mixture or you will end up with a mashed potato mess in the skillet.