Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 2 large
- portobello mushroom caps (about 4-5 inches wide)
- 1 tsp
- olive oil
- 3/4 c
- spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1/4 c
- shredded fontina cheese (substitute edam, gouda, provolone or gruyere if desired)
- 1 Tbsp
- shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Portobellos Parmesano
- 1Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place mushrooms, cap side up, on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Brush tops with oil.
- 2Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Spread half of the spaghetti sauce into an 11 inch by 7 inch by 2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Place mushrooms on sauce, cap side down. Sprinkle with fontina cheese. Drizzle with remaining spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.