- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- vegan margarine
- 1 medium
- shallot, minced
- 1 large
- leek, minced
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 3 large
- button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 4 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme ( leaves removed)
- 5 medium
- shitake mushrooms, fine chop without stems
- chives, chopped small
- salt and pepper
- 2 large
- portabella mushroom caps, stems removed
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- sheet puff pastry cut in 4 equal pieces
How to Make Portabella Wellingtons
- 1Preheat your oven to 425'F
- 2Melt 1 tbsp. of the margarine in a saute pan over low heat. Add the shallot, leak and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the button mushrooms and half of the thyme leaves.
- 3Cook until the mushroom liquid has evaporated and the mixture is just moist, about 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- 4Melt the remaining margarine in the pan over low heat and add the shitake mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes and transfer to the bowl with the rest of the cooked mixture. Add the chives and the black pepper and give it all a good stir.
- 5Next, place your portabella caps upside down on a greased baking sheet and brush with mustard. Add the rest of the thyme leaves and some black pepper.
- 6Divide your mushroom mixture and put it in each of the portabella mushroom caps.
- 7Cut the puff pastry in either 4 rounds or squares, which ever you prefer and put it over the mixture in the portabella mushroom. You can brush the top of the puff pastry with some vegan margarine or if you prefer an egg wash.
- 8Bake for about 15 minutes. Just check them to see if they are golden brown on top. Some ovens are hotter then others. Serve warm.