Portabella Mushroom Delight
- Large Portabell Mushroom
- 1/4 c
- Tomato Sauce or Paste your choice
- 1/4 tsp
- Italian Seasoning dry or to taste
- 2 to 4 oz
- Assorted Sliced or Shredded Cheeses, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Guyere. or Cheese of choice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Portabella Mushroom Delight
- 1To 1/4 cup tomato sauce or paste add the 1/4 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning to small bowl and nuke covered for 1 minute. It will spatter.
- 2Trim bottom of large Portabella Mushroom and place on microwave proofed dish, top side up.
- 3Slice Cheese and place on top of Mushroom. Or use combination of sliced and shredded cheese. Sprinkle with a generous dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use ample Cheese. Pile it on.
- 4Microwave on High 5 minutes. or until cheese is nicely melted. Do not pre-heat or pre-cook mushroom or cheese will all run off. Know from experience.
- 5Pour the Tomato Sauce around bed of Mushroom. Serve and enjoy. Again sprinkle with a dash of EVOO. If you need Salt sprinkle a little.
- 6Great as a first course or appetizer or side. You might have to make another. I am a Blue Cheese lover and my next attempt will be with some Blue Cheese.
- 7Note: I heat the sauce separately because the edges will dry out and spatter if attempted in one operation, and the dish is not as pleasing to the eye. If prepared in the oven you could place the mushroom on the pool of sauce. Provolone and Fontina Cheese are also a couple of my favorites with this dish, and both are naturally salty. Note: All my cheese choices are "White". I'll post a picture soon.