Portabella Mushroom Delight
1Large Portabell Mushroom
1/4 cTomato Sauce or Paste your choice
1/4 tspItalian Seasoning dry or to taste
2 to 4 ozAssorted Sliced or Shredded Cheeses, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Guyere. or Cheese of choice
dash(es)Extra Virgin Olive Oil
dash(es)Salt and Pepper
How to Make Portabella Mushroom Delight
- To 1/4 cup tomato sauce or paste add the 1/4 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning to small bowl and nuke covered for 1 minute. It will spatter.
- Trim bottom of large Portabella Mushroom and place on microwave proofed dish, top side up.
- Slice Cheese and place on top of Mushroom. Or use combination of sliced and shredded cheese. Sprinkle with a generous dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use ample Cheese. Pile it on.
- Microwave on High 5 minutes. or until cheese is nicely melted. Do not pre-heat or pre-cook mushroom or cheese will all run off. Know from experience.
- Pour the Tomato Sauce around bed of Mushroom. Serve and enjoy. Again sprinkle with a dash of EVOO. If you need Salt sprinkle a little.
- Great as a first course or appetizer or side. You might have to make another. I am a Blue Cheese lover and my next attempt will be with some Blue Cheese.
- Note: I heat the sauce separately because the edges will dry out and spatter if attempted in one operation, and the dish is not as pleasing to the eye. If prepared in the oven you could place the mushroom on the pool of sauce. Provolone and Fontina Cheese are also a couple of my favorites with this dish, and both are naturally salty. Note: All my cheese choices are "White". I'll post a picture soon.