Pita-Crusted Baked Cauliflower
2 cpita breadcrumbs (or similar such as arabic bread)
1 Tbspground turmeric
1/4 Tbspcracked black pepper
1/2 cunbleached flour
1 largecauliflower head or 1/2 head cauliflower and 1/2 head broccoli
·olive oil, for drizzling
How to Make Pita-Crusted Baked Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the pita crumbs, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a prep bowl. In another prep bowl whisk together the flour and eggs. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower and/or broccoli into large florets.
- Dip each floret one at a time in the egg mixture, coating it entirely then roll the vegetables in the bread crumbs to coat evenly. Repeat with the remaining florets.
- Transfer the vegetables to a parchment-lined jelly roll pan or similar pan. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Note: The vegetables will not cook all the way through and will be somewhat raw.