Pita-Crusted Baked Cauliflower
- 2 c
- pita breadcrumbs (or similar such as arabic bread)
- 1 Tbsp
- ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 Tbsp
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 c
- unbleached flour
- 1 large
- cauliflower head or 1/2 head cauliflower and 1/2 head broccoli
- olive oil, for drizzling
How to Make Pita-Crusted Baked Cauliflower
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Combine the pita crumbs, turmeric, salt, and pepper in a prep bowl. In another prep bowl whisk together the flour and eggs. Set aside.
- 3Cut cauliflower and/or broccoli into large florets.
- 4Dip each floret one at a time in the egg mixture, coating it entirely then roll the vegetables in the bread crumbs to coat evenly. Repeat with the remaining florets.
- 5Transfer the vegetables to a parchment-lined jelly roll pan or similar pan. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Note: The vegetables will not cook all the way through and will be somewhat raw.