Pigs in a Cornfield
1 tspvegetable shortening
8(3/4#)link pork sausage
1(15oz)can creamed corn
3 Tbspfinely chopped onion
1(2oz) jar pimientos,coarsely chopped (2tbs))
1 critz crackers,rolled medium coarsely(about 24)
1extra large egg,beaten
1/4 cwhole milk
How to Make Pigs in a Cornfield
- In a medium,heavy-bottomed skillet,melt the shortening over medium-high heat;spreading the shortening over bottom of pan.Place sausage in pan and brown on all sides(about 10 min.) Drain on paper towel.Cut each widthwise into sixths.
- Preheat oven 350. Butter a 1 Qt.round baking dish;set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl,place the corn,onions,pimientos,cracker crumbs,eggs,milk,salt,pepper and sausage links;stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Dot with butter.
- Bake,uncovered,for 30 minutes.
The top will be faintly brown around the very edge and the mixture will be thick.