Pigs in a Cornfield
- 1 tsp
- vegetable shortening
- (3/4#)link pork sausage
- (15oz)can creamed corn
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped onion
- (2oz) jar pimientos,coarsely chopped (2tbs))
- 1 c
- ritz crackers,rolled medium coarsely(about 24)
- extra large egg,beaten
- 1/4 c
- whole milk
- 1/4 tsp
- dash pepper
- 2 tsp
How to Make Pigs in a Cornfield
- 1In a medium,heavy-bottomed skillet,melt the shortening over medium-high heat;spreading the shortening over bottom of pan.Place sausage in pan and brown on all sides(about 10 min.) Drain on paper towel.Cut each widthwise into sixths.
- 2Preheat oven 350. Butter a 1 Qt.round baking dish;set aside
- 3In a medium mixing bowl,place the corn,onions,pimientos,cracker crumbs,eggs,milk,salt,pepper and sausage links;stir to combine.
- 4Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Dot with butter.
- 5Bake,uncovered,for 30 minutes.
The top will be faintly brown around the very edge and the mixture will be thick.