How to Make Pickled Beets
- 1cut leaves from beets leaving about 2" stem, clean really well
- 2cover with water and boil till fork tender
- 3cool enough to peel
- 4if you have small beets you can leave whole or cut to what ever size you want, for all beets.
- 5while I am getting beets ready I have saved the four cups of beet juice and added that to pan, now add the sugar and the vinegar. I put the 2Tabls. pickling spice in cheese cloth and secure with rubber band and throw in the kettle and boil for about 10 minutes making sure all sugar is dissolved.
- 6by this time you should have all the beets cut to the size you want. I am also getting my pint jars hot in boiling water, and getting the lids boiled also
- 7add your beets to the water solution. remove the bag of spices and start filling your jars,fill to about the rim of jar, add your liquid ,take a knife and carefully go around inside of jar for any air bubbles, put lid on and water bath for 10 minutes
- 8remove from water bath and let set for 24 hours before putting away