Perfect Every Time Baked Beans
Mary Kay Nugent
- 1 can(s)
- 28oz. bush's original baked beans
- 1 c
- your favorite bar-b-que sauce i uses sweet baby ray's original or honey
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1/3 c
- onion, finely diced
- 1/2 to 1 lb
- pork jowl, cubed & be sure to slice off the hard outer "skin"
- 1 Tbsp
- ground black pepper ( i know it sound like alot, but trust me, it won't taste like it)
How to Make Perfect Every Time Baked Beans
- 1Preheat oven to 350. In a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish (sprayed with Pam) fold together the beans, brown sugar, BBQ sauce and dry mustard and pepper
- 2Take cubed jowl and saute in frying pan till edges start to caramelize. You may have to drain a little liquid off during this process because sometimes it gets a little watery like..but always leave a little fat in the pan....when jowl is caramelized on edges add the diced onion and saute until soft .
- 3Add jowl and onion mixture to the bean mixture in your casserole dish and fold everything together and bake uncovered for an hour or until casserole is bubbly. They will thicken the longer they sit out....ENJOY!