Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
3 slicebacon, cooked and crumbled
1 smallonion, sliced
1 can(s)water chestnuts, sliced
1 1-lb can(s)cut green beans
1/4 tspdry mustard
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Pennsylvania Dutch Green Beans
- Brown onion and water chestnuts slightly in hot bacon fat.
- Drain beans, saving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Mix liquid with remaining ingredients and add to onion in skillet.
- Cook, stirring until mixture boils.
- Add beans and heat thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with crumbled bacon.