PEGGI'S FRIED GREEN BEANS
Peggi Anne Tebben
You can use fresh, or canned green beans for this recipe & you will notice the difference over just green beans.
The main picture is from fresh green beans (no mushrooms that day)& the other one is from canned green beans. They taste equally as good.
- 6-8 slices thick bacon, cut in 3/4" pieces
- 1/2 onion, slivered
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained or a handfull of fresh ones, sliced
- 1 quart canned green beans or a mess of fresh ones
- salt & pepper
How to Make PEGGI'S FRIED GREEN BEANS
- 1Cook bacon & onions in skillet until about 1/2 of the way browned.
- 2Add the mushrooms & continue cooking until all is about 2/3 of the way brown. Salt & pepper this.
- 3Next, add the green beans & turn heat to low & cover skillet. Leave it alone for about 5 minutes & then you can stir & continue cooking until all is slightly browned.
- 4Remove lid & kick up the heat to medium & continue cooking until the beans are done & have a crisper brown , but not burned look. About 30 minutes total.
Note: Fresh beans will take a little longer. Also, if you use canned green beans, no need to salt the green beans, but if you use fresh, you can salt them the last few minutes.