★★★★★ 1 vote5
- potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 c
- brown mushroom gravy
- onions, coarsely chopped
- carrots, thinly sliced
- green pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb
- broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 lb
- green beans, cut into 1 inch
- spinach leaves
How to Make Peasant's Pie
- 1Steam vegetables (except spinach) about 15 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in spinach and 2 cups gravy.
- 4Spoon this filling into a 9x12 backing dish.
- 5Spread 3 cups of mashed potatoes over the top.
- 6Sprinkle with a small amount of paprika.
- 7Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 8HINTS: any vegetables can be used, and frozen works also.
- 9Use about 8 cups chopped vegetables total.