★★★★★ 1 vote5
4potatoes, cooked and mashed
2 cbrown mushroom gravy
1onions, coarsely chopped
3carrots, thinly sliced
1green pepper, diced
1/2 lbbroccoli, chopped
1/4 lbgreen beans, cut into 1 inch
How to Make Peasant's Pie
- Steam vegetables (except spinach) about 15 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach and 2 cups gravy.
- Spoon this filling into a 9x12 backing dish.
- Spread 3 cups of mashed potatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of paprika.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- HINTS: any vegetables can be used, and frozen works also.
- Use about 8 cups chopped vegetables total.