Peas with Garlic & Tomatoes
Angela (Grammy) Derby
How to Make Peas with Garlic & Tomatoes
- 1Microwave peas according to package directions, but no more than 4 minutes.
- 2Peel skin from tomato with a sharp knife; discard skin. Chop remaining tomato into very small pieces.
- 3Mince garlic; set aside.
- 4Pour 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet, add the tomatoes and cook until just starting to soften. Add minced garlic and cook together with tomatoes a few minutes. Don't let the garlic turn brown or it will be bitter.
- 5Add the peas and let simmer for a couple of minutes to blend flavors. Now, you're ready to serve.