Parmesan Crusted Yellow Summer Squash
- 2 medium yellow summer squash
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- a splash of heavy cream (or milk or half and half)
- a dollop of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- finely grated parmesan cheese ( i also mixed in romano cheese.)
- foiled lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Yellow Summer Squash
- 1Keep in mind, if you make more, just use more flour, eggs cream and sour cream. his s not an "exact" measurement type of recipe, so use what you need and add more if you need to.
- 2After you clean and dry your squash, cut lengthwise into small strips...like french fries. I added in some Zucchini as well. Add the eggs, heavy cream and the dollop of sour cream to a small bowl.
Whisk it all together and put aside for quick second. In a small bowl coat each piece of summer squash in flour. Just toss the pieces around until they are coated.
- 3Dip into egg mixture, and then coat it with the cheese mixture and place neatly on foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Broil for 7 minutes on one side. Flip each one and place back under the broiler for an additional 7 minutes.