Parmesan Crusted Corn
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Corn
- Preheat oven to 350. Brush a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with some of the butter.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of the cheese over the bottom of the dish. Tilt so the cheese is evenly distributed and adheres to the butter. (Or you can use ten 4 oz. ramekins for individual servings)
- In large pan, heat cream til it begins to boil. Add corn, salt and sugar and heat, stirring occasionally, til mixture is almost at a boil.
- In meantime, make a paste out of the remaining melted butter and the flour. Stir it into the mixture in the pan and cook til thickened and liquid comes to a boil. Remove pan from heat, transfer mixture to prepared dish or ramekins and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup cheese. At this point, you can let cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Bring to room temperature before continuing.
- Bake corn til bubbling, and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Individual ramekins will take 15 to 20 minutes. Serve at once. Serves 8 to 10