Ruth Ann Vokac
With only a 1/2 teaspoon of fat/serving, this dish is low fat and very healthy.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 c
- cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 tsp
- olive oil, divided
- 1/2 c
- panko or whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- seasoning like lawry's salt-free 17 seasoning or mrs. dash, optional
How to Make Panko Cauliflower
- 1Cook cauliflower with water in the microwave for 6 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet, add 1 1/2 teaspoon oil and heat over medium heat. Add Panko bread crumbs, and stirring periodically, cook for 3 minutes until they are brown. Put browned crumbs in a dish.
- 3Add 1 1/2 teaspoon oil to the same skillet, heat, and add drained cauliflower. Sauté until the cauliflower is golden. Add fresh parsley, salt, pepper, and seasoning if using. Stir and then sprinkle browned Panko bread crumbs over the top.
- 4Note: Use your imagination for seasonings that can be sprinkled on the cooked cauliflower: paprika, chili powder, taco seasoning, . . .
- 5Have only dried parsley? Add it to the cauliflower as you cook it in the microwave.