Pan -Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1/2 c
- choppd bacon (about 3 oz)
- 1/2 tsp
- caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 c
- small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme or 2tsp fresh
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- white-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb
- brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
How to Make Pan -Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1In a large pan on medium-high, saute bacon and caraway seeds 2 minutes. Add onion, thyme, salt, and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown and bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vinegar and scrape up any browned bits. Set aside to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Blanch sprouts in boiling water 6-7 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain and transfer to ice bath. When cool drain again and toss thoroughly with cooled bacon mixture.
- 3Transfer to a resealable container and refrigerate until 2 hours before serving.