Ouray Cauliflower Souffle
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
This is what the intro states. "A trip to Ouray is like stepping to Switzerland: Bavarian store fronts line the streets and outrageous peaks surround the entire town. This recipe turns cauliflower into a delicate, Swiss-cheese souffle".
The recipe does not give the number of servings, so I guessed at that.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 headcauliflower, sliced or separated into florets
1/4 conion, diced
1 1/2 cmilk, hot
1 3/4 cswiss cheese, grated
1/4 cbread crumbs
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Ouray Cauliflower Souffle
- Steam cauliflower and onion until tender.
- In a blender, puree cauliflower, onion, and spices.
- Melt butter and sprinkle in flour, cooking until slightly golden.
- Slowly add hot milk, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from stove.
- Add five egg yolks, one at a time, stirring well.
- Mix in cauliflower puree and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Beat all egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff and carefully fold into cauliflower.
- Pour into a buttered souffle dish, top with remaining cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.