☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 cbaby carrots
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspfresh ginger, chopped
1 tspgarlic, minced
1 Tbspshallots, chopped
1/2 corange juice
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1 Tbspfresh mint, chopped
How to Make Orange-Glazed Carrots With Mint
- Cut the carrots on the diagonal. (I keep them whole).
- Heat the oil in a 9-inch saute pan over moderate heat.
- Add the carrots and cook until lightly browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and shallots and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the honey, orange juice, soy sauce and water.
- Cover with a round of waxed paper that fits snugly on the vegetables.
- Cook the carrots slowly on top of the stove, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and the juices have formed a glaze, 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with the mint.