Onion Salad (Zibelsalat)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Easy Menu Cooking the Swiss Way, Helga Hughes.
- yellow onions, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 slice
- 1 Tbsp
- whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh chives, chopped
How to Make Onion Salad (Zibelsalat)
- 1In a bowl, sprinkle onion slices with salt and pepper.
- 2Using 2 forks, mix well and separate onion slices into separate rings.
- 3Place bacon and onion rings in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Cook until bacon is crisp and onions are light brown (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- 5Sprinkle with flour, stirring gently so flour coats onions.
- 6Add vinegar and sugar. Cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove pan from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 8Before serving, sprinkle with chives.