We wanted something light for supper so I made us sammies and the onion rings at hubbies request.
- 1/2 c
- aunt jemima pancake mix
- 1/2 c
- yellow corn meal
- enough water or milk to make batter a little thicker than you would pancake mix
- 1 medium
How to Make Onion Rings
- 1Peel and cut the onion into slices and seperate the slices. I cut them kind of thick.
- 2In a small bowl add the pancake mix and the cornmeal.
- 3Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 4Dip the onion rings into the pancake/cornmeal mixture and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- 5Note: Aunt Jemima pancake mix says to use water but I use milk.. Up to you which one you want to use.
I used one medium onion and it made enough for 2 people..