We wanted something light for supper so I made us sammies and the onion rings at hubbies request.
How to Make Onion Rings
- Peel and cut the onion into slices and seperate the slices. I cut them kind of thick.
- In a small bowl add the pancake mix and the cornmeal.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Dip the onion rings into the pancake/cornmeal mixture and fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Note: Aunt Jemima pancake mix says to use water but I use milk.. Up to you which one you want to use.
I used one medium onion and it made enough for 2 people..