By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbsmall white pearl onions
2/3 cwhipping cream
How to Make Onion Gratin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch the onions to begin cooking and remove the skins.
- (Blanch small pearl onions for 3 minutes; if unavailable, use walnut-size onions and blanch for 5 minutes).
- Drain, refresh in ice cold water and drain again.
- Squeeze the root end to "pop" onion out of its skin.
- Combine cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Put onions in buttered gratin dish and pour cream mixture over them.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350.
- Bake until browned and bubbly.