·4 large onions
·8 oz. of mushrooms. undrained
·1 stick butter, more or less
·1 can of mushroom or celery soup, undiluted
·4-8 oz. mozzarella.provolone or chedder cheese, your choice
·crackers or chrushed bran flakes
·salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
How to Make Onion Casserole
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- Add soup and cheese. Mix into onions.
- Pour into greased 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with extra cheese or crushed bran flakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- I have tried to give measurement guidelines, but I don't measure ingredients as a rule. I eyeball it for the amount I make. Play with it and make it your own.