How to Make Okra Salad
- 1Heat electric fryer up...fry bacon in skillet and set aside for later use.
- 2While fryer is still heating up, begin cleaning your bell pepper (seeding) and chopping up. Also chop up your green onions (I keep kitchen scissors for this...much easier to just cut with them using all the green tops as well).
- 3Fry your okra in heated fryer. I usually place paper towels in a large bowl to pour cooked okra into to drain grease. DO NOT COOK OKRA HARD...LIGHTLY CRISP!!
- 4Once you have cooked all your okra, pull paper towels and throw away. Add your chopped bell pepper, green onions, and crumble your cooked bacon on top of the fried okra. Now dice your tomato into this bowl and toss up lightly.
- 5Mix your oil and vinegar into a small bowl or measuring cup and add sugar (I started out using 2Tbs, but over the years I have cut it back to just a tablespoon and a little less than half of another). Mix these together well and pour over okra mixture and stir together! Serve warm (room temperature)...some people prefer this chilled and then served, but we like it at room temperature! ENJOY!!