nutty green beans with blue cheese and bacon
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 pound haricots verts (baby french green beans) trimmed
- three slices smoked bacon
- 4 ounces shropshire blue cheese, or your favorite blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups toasted whole pecans, coarsely chopped
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
How to Make nutty green beans with blue cheese and bacon
- 1bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the haricots verts and cook for about two minutes. With a slotted spoon or strainer, transfer the beans to a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Once there cooled, drain the beans and reserve.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Add the beans to the bacon drippings and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Add the blue cheese and toss just until it starts to melt. Break the cooked bacon into bite size pieces and add to the skillet. Finish by stirring in the toasted chopped pecans. Season with freshly cracked black pepper and just tiny pinch of kosher salt. Serve at once. Serves four.