Norma's Stewed Tomatoes
How to Make Norma's Stewed Tomatoes
- Clean the tomatoes and cut an X on the bottom of each tomato and set aside.
- Fill a large pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice cubes and set aside.
- Place three or four tomatoes at a time into the boiling water for one to two minutes or until you notice the tomato skin starting to peel away from the tomato.Continue with the rest of the tomatoes until all are ready to be peeled.
- Remove the tomatoes and place in ice cold water to cool.
- Peel each tomato and cut into quarters and remove the inter meat and seeds.
- Place repaired tomatoes into a sauce pan and add all other ingredients and cook on medium heat until it come to a small boil.
- Heat on stove until mixture started to thicken and less juice is present.
- Remove from stove and serve with Mac & Cheese or you favorite dinner.
- NOTE:This recipe can be frozen by placing in freezer containers and topped with clear plastic wrap and them covered with the lid. Can keep frozen for at least three months.
- NOTE: When ready to eat, remove from freezer and let thaw in refrigerator. Heat and serve warm or eat cold.