"No-Can Bread and Butter Pickles"...by Judy
They are the best addition to sandwiches...from the kitchen of Judy ~ My Front Porch
Love love love the no-can pickling!
It's so much easier this way.
CUCUMBERS, UNPEELED AND CUT INTO THIN SLICES ( A MANDOLIN SLICER WORKS GREAT)
1 or 2 smallonions, sliced and separated into rings
3 cwhite sugar (i use splenda)
2 cwhite vinegar
1/4 cpickling salt
1 tspcelery seed
1 tspmustard seed
How to Make "No-Can Bread and Butter Pickles"...by Judy
- Fill an empty 1 gallon bucket with cucumber and onion slices, (with pickling cukes...probably about four pounds).
- Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for several minutes.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Stir and let cool. Cover and store in refrigerator, (will keep for months, if they last that long).
- They are ready to eat when they change color.