Native American Fried Squash Bread
She told me that this was an old recipe that her parents learned from Native Americans.
How to Make Native American Fried Squash Bread
- 1Put diced squash in a large pot. Boil until cooked tender. Drain (saving 11/4 cups of water from the pot).
Put squash and water into pot.
- 2Put remaining ingredients into the pot and mix together.
- 3Put oil in a skillet and when hot, put batter into skillet and fry until golden brown.
- 4This recipe comes out two ways (unless you make adjustments)
1. Depending on the moisture of the squash, it comes out like a dough that can be formed into patties.
2 Depending on the moisture of the squash, it comes out like more of a batter like making pancakes...
Try it both ways, and adjust the recipe to your liking.