My Steak's Favorite Companion Red Wine Mushrooms
Cooking process takes some time, but well worth the effort.
I love to use Barefoot Wine when cooking.
8 ozbaby portebello mushrooms
8 ozsmall white mushrooms
1 cmerlot or other drinking quality dry red wine
2 cbeef stock
4 Tbspunsalted butter
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1/4 tspdried rosemary
1/4 tspgarlic powder
·salt, to taste
·black pepper, to taste
How to Make My Steak's Favorite Companion Red Wine Mushrooms
- Rinse mushrooms well under cold water and allow them to drain.
- Use a dry paper towel to gently rub the surface of the mushroom caps to remove any residual dirt.
- Place the mushrooms into a saucepot, and pour in the red wine.
- Add the beef stock, unsalted butter, soy sauce, rosemary and garlic powder to the pot. Heat to boiling over medium heat.
- Once boiling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the mushrooms for two hours.
- Remove the cover from the pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer the mushrooms for an additional two hours over low heat.
- Serve warm, alongside a nicely grilled steak.