My Husband's Favorite Zucchini Recipe
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a neat way to reinvent a side dish! I think this cream sauce would be delicious on most any fresh vegetable. The Test Kitchen
- zucchini (3 if you use the size you get in the store)
- medium onion sliced in rings cut in half
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 to 1 c
- sour cream (can use up to 1 cup depending on how creamy, I usually use 1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch mixed in a little water for thickening
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make My Husband's Favorite Zucchini Recipe
- 1Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch rounds. Add water, zucchini, onion and butter/margarine and cook over medium to low heat until zucchini is very tender and onion is translucent.
- 2Turn heat down very low, add sour cream and mix completely. If too thin, a little corn starch/water mix can be added to thicken.