My Favorite Creamed Spinach
1/4 conions, diced
2garlic cloves, small to medium, minced
1 1/4 chalf and half
2 ozcream cheese, cut into small cubes
16 oz. pkgfrozen spinach, thawed and sqeezed
1/4 cplus 1 tablspn parmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make My Favorite Creamed Spinach
- Saute the onion and garlic in the butter until tender.
Stir in the flour.
- Slowly whisk in half and half.
Bring to a boil using medium heat.
- Stir for a couple of minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the cream cheese, nutmeg and salt.
Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Stir in the spinach and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese until throughly heated. (save the 1 Tablespoon cheese for next step)
- Top with the reserved 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese and serve!