My Famous Green Beans
- 2 large bags of whole frozen green beans
- 6 large red potatoes
- 1 pound of meaty hickory smoked bacon chopped (2 inch pieces)
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of grey poupon country dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Make My Famous Green Beans
- 1Meats and Onions and Spices:
Combine Bacon, Red Onion, Yellow Onion, Garlic, Parsley, Chives, Red Pepper Flakes, Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper in A Large Skillet and Fry Until Bacon Starts to Turn Brown and Onions Become Transparent and Lightly Browned! Dump Into Medium Roaster Pan...
- 2Green Beans:
In Another Large Pot Add Your 2 Large Bags of Green Beans and 2 Cups of Water and Enough Salt and Pepper to Taste, Boil Until Tender But Not Mush! Dump Into Same Roaster Pan...
Wash Your Potatoes and Cut Off The Ends, Poke A Few Holes with A Knife and Put Into The Microwave On High for 15 Minutes, Make Sure to Check Them Sometimes They Cook Faster...They Are Done When The Are Easy To Push The Knife Through But Not Done to A Mush, Still Alittle Firm You Don't Want Them to Break! Then Thick Slice The Potatoes and Pan Fry Them In The Bacon Grease Left In The Pan Until Lightly Browned On Both Sides...When Done Add Them to The Roaster Pan As Well!
- 4Mix Together The...
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Thyme
1 Teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 5After Preparing All of These Ingredients Separately and Putting Into The Roaster Pan, Pour Over The Dressing and Lightly Tossing It Together Being Careful Not to Break The Potatoes or The Beans...
You Are Ready to Serve!!!
You May Salt and Pepper Them More If You Like...
So Very Very Good...These Are The Best Green Beans I've Ever Eaten...Enjoy and Let Me Know How You Like Them!