My Awesome Make Ahead Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 3-pound butternut squash
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 c
- 1 tsp
- shipped fresh rosemary
- no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/3 c
- finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- whipping cream
How to Make My Awesome Make Ahead Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 1Preheat your oven to 425 and lightly grease a 15 X 10 X 1-inch baking pan and set aside.
- 2Halve squash lengthwise; seed and peel squash.
- 3Cut crosswise into 1/4 to 1/2 inch slices and place in the prepared baking pan.
- 4Add oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and toss gently to coat squash. Spread squash in and even layer.
- 5Place in oven uncovered and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until squash is tender;stiring once.
- 6Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375.
- 7Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat.
- 8Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 9Stir in flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Gradually stir in milk and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in squash and rosemary.
- 10Lightly grease a 3-quart retangular baking dish and spread about 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom.
- 11Layer 3 three of the lasagna noodles in dish and spread 1/3 of the remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 12Repeat layering noodles, sauce and cheese two more times.
- 13Pour cream evenly over layers in dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- 14Cover with foil and place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- 15Uncover and bake about 10 minutes more or until edges are bubbly and top is lightly browned.
- 16Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving with your favorite meat,seafoof or poultry.