★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbpeppered bacon
1 largeonion chopped
4 buncheach turnip greens, mustard greens fresh
2 tspeach seasoning salt and black pepper
How to Make Mustard and Turnip Greens
- tear or cut greens from large stems. discard thick stems.
- wash greens, soak greens, wash greens, rinse greens. Make sure greens are washed good.I cannot stress enough to CLEAN AND WASH greens well. Sand does not dissolve in cooking !!!
- In very large stock pot. place bacon that has been cut into 1 inch squares along with chopped onion and over medium high heat, cook until bacon is crisp and onion is transluscent. do not drain bacon drippings.
- squeeze water by hand out of greens and put a handful at a time into hot pan. keep pan on medium heat as you do this until all greens are in pan. they will wilt down as they cook.
- once greens are wilted down and bubbling, turn heat down and add seasonings. stirring occassionally.
- cover and simmer over medium low heat until greens are tender. about 30 minutes.