Mushrooms In White Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·salt to taste
1 sliceluncheon ham
How to Make Mushrooms In White Sauce
- Select mushrooms with unopened caps.
- Cut off stems of mushrooms, so that only caps remain.
- Retain mushroom stems for soup.
- Mince the slice of ham, also mince parsley.
- Assemble other ingredients.
- Place oil in wok, heat over low medium heat about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to wok and stir fry 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons water, cover wok, and gently stir fry mushrooms for about 6 minutes.
- Lift cover 2 or 3 times to stir mushrooms during this cooking period.
- When mushrooms are cooked, remove them to a platter.
- Arrange mushrooms with caps upright, pour juices from wok over them.
- Place 1/4 cup of milk in wok, add thoroughly stirred corn starch solution.
- Cook over low medium heat until white sauce is thickened.
- Pour white sauce over mushroom caps, garnish with the minced ham and parsley.