Mushrooms In White Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3/4 lb
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- salt to taste
- sprig parsley
- 1 slice
- luncheon ham
How to Make Mushrooms In White Sauce
- 1Select mushrooms with unopened caps.
- 2Cut off stems of mushrooms, so that only caps remain.
- 3Retain mushroom stems for soup.
- 4Mince the slice of ham, also mince parsley.
- 5Assemble other ingredients.
- 6Place oil in wok, heat over low medium heat about 2 minutes.
- 7Add mushrooms to wok and stir fry 1 minute.
- 8Add 2 tablespoons water, cover wok, and gently stir fry mushrooms for about 6 minutes.
- 9Lift cover 2 or 3 times to stir mushrooms during this cooking period.
- 10When mushrooms are cooked, remove them to a platter.
- 11Arrange mushrooms with caps upright, pour juices from wok over them.
- 12Place 1/4 cup of milk in wok, add thoroughly stirred corn starch solution.
- 13Cook over low medium heat until white sauce is thickened.
- 14Pour white sauce over mushroom caps, garnish with the minced ham and parsley.