Mushroom caps made famous by Grandma
Blue Ribbon Recipe
There are so many yummy flavors in these stuffed mushrooms. The stuffing, cream cheese and crab meat is delicious. Then to top it off with wonderful garlic butter. If you want a little extra kick sprinkle more red pepper flakes. Place these on the table and watch 'em disappear. Your guests will be impressed! The Test Kitchen
- 16 large
- fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 6 oz
- chicken flavored dry stuffing mix
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 11 oz
- imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 1/3 c
- butter reserve half
- 2 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
How to Make Mushroom caps made famous by Grandma
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Arrange mushroom caps on a medium baking sheet, bottoms up. Chop and reserve mushroom stems.
- 3Prepare chicken flavored dry stuffing mix according to package directions.
- 4In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5In a medium bowl, mix together reserved mushroom stems, prepared dry stuffing mix, cream cheese and imitation crabmeat. Liberally stuff mushrooms with the mixture. Drizzle with the butter and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper.
- 6Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until stuffing is lightly browned.