Mushroom Bacon Stuffing1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 6 slice
- 1/4 c
- butter, quartered
- 1 lb
- medium mushrooms, quartered
- medium celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp
- dried sage
- 1/4 tsp
- marjoram, dried
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 20 slice
- firm textured white bread, cubed
- egg, slightly beaten
How to Make Mushroom Bacon Stuffing
- 1In 12" skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until golden; remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2Crumble bacon into large bowl; set aside.
- 3Pour off all but 1/4 cup bacon drippings from skillet; add butter to skillet; melt over
- 4Add mushrooms, celery, onion, sage, marjoram and pepper; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- 5Remove from heat; add vegetable mixture to bacon in bowl.
- 6Add bread cubes; toss well to mix.
- 7Pour egg over stuffing; toss to blend.
- 8Makes 12 to 14 cups, enough to stuff 12 to 14 pound turkey.