Mushroom Bacon Stuffing1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cbutter, quartered
1 lbmedium mushrooms, quartered
3medium celery ribs, sliced
1 largeonion, diced
1/2 tspdried sage
1/4 tspmarjoram, dried
·salt to taste
·freshly ground black pepper to taste
20 slicefirm textured white bread, cubed
1egg, slightly beaten
How to Make Mushroom Bacon Stuffing
- In 12" skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until golden; remove to paper towels to drain.
- Crumble bacon into large bowl; set aside.
- Pour off all but 1/4 cup bacon drippings from skillet; add butter to skillet; melt over
- Add mushrooms, celery, onion, sage, marjoram and pepper; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; add vegetable mixture to bacon in bowl.
- Add bread cubes; toss well to mix.
- Pour egg over stuffing; toss to blend.
- Makes 12 to 14 cups, enough to stuff 12 to 14 pound turkey.