2 Tbspolive oil
4 clovefresh garlic, chopped
1 1/2 lbbutton mushrooms
·sea salt and freshly ground pepper
3 Tbspsoy sauce
3 Tbsprice vinegar
How to Make Mushroom Adobo
- Lightly wash mushrooms with cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat wok/skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, rotate to coat sides of skillet. Heat oil.
- Add garlic and mushrooms; stir-fry until mushrooms are slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and bay leaf. Without stirring, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Add sugar and stir to combine.
- Transfer to serving dish. This could be served atop steamed rice.
- Note: No additional liquid is needed since the mushrooms will release water as they are cooked.