How to Make Mushroom Adobo
- 1Lightly wash mushrooms with cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Heat wok/skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, rotate to coat sides of skillet. Heat oil.
- 3Add garlic and mushrooms; stir-fry until mushrooms are slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add soy sauce, vinegar and bay leaf. Without stirring, bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Add sugar and stir to combine.
- 5Transfer to serving dish. This could be served atop steamed rice.
- 6Note: No additional liquid is needed since the mushrooms will release water as they are cooked.