Mom's Greek String Beans
added my picture where I used a pound of frozen French sliced green beans and diced tomatoes.
How to Make Mom's Greek String Beans
- 1Clean the green beans or defrost frozen green beans.
- 2Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large pan, add onions.
- 3Cook until onions are just about to brown.
Sprinkle with a little cinnamon. (this is how I was taught)
- 4Add the tomato sauce or diced tomatoes, which I prefer.
Bring to a boil.
- 5Add the green beans and simmer for 20-25 minutes, covered.