Momma's Eggplant Parmesan
- medium eggplant
- eggs beaten
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- panko breadcrumbs italian flavored
- 1 jar(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 c
- 2 c
- shredded mozarella cheese
- 3/4 c
- c olive oil
How to Make Momma's Eggplant Parmesan
- 11. Peel and slice the eggplant into thin slices
- 22. Lay the slices out on a cookie sheet
- 33. Sprinkle salt on the eggplant
- 44. Take the jar of tomato sauce and mix the whole thing with 1 cup water in a bowl. It needs to be thin.
- 55. Beat the eggs with ¼ c parmesian cheese
- 66. Have 3 dishes ready – flour, egg mixture, bread crumbs
- 77. After 5 minutes rinse the eggplant quickly to remove some of the salt
- 88. Have 7 x 11 glass casserole dish ready. Pour a little sauce on bottom.
- 99. Put ½ c olive oil in skillet and heat
- 1010. Dip the eggplant slices in flour, egg mixture and then in bread crumbs
- 1111. Fry them in skillet until brown
- 1212. Layer them on the bottom of the casserole dish in single layer
- 1313. Sprinkle shredded cheese over eggplant
- 1414. Ladle sauce over the layer
- 1515. Continue to fry the eggplant and make layers until all cooked up. Add more olive oil as needed.
- 1616. Pour sauce over top and more shredded cheese
- 1717. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly.