Momma's Eggplant Parmesan
1/4 cparmesan cheese grated
1 1/2 cpanko breadcrumbs italian flavored
1 jar(s)tomato sauce
2 cshredded mozarella cheese
3/4 cc olive oil
How to Make Momma's Eggplant Parmesan
- 1. Peel and slice the eggplant into thin slices
- 2. Lay the slices out on a cookie sheet
- 3. Sprinkle salt on the eggplant
- 4. Take the jar of tomato sauce and mix the whole thing with 1 cup water in a bowl. It needs to be thin.
- 5. Beat the eggs with ¼ c parmesian cheese
- 6. Have 3 dishes ready – flour, egg mixture, bread crumbs
- 7. After 5 minutes rinse the eggplant quickly to remove some of the salt
- 8. Have 7 x 11 glass casserole dish ready. Pour a little sauce on bottom.
- 9. Put ½ c olive oil in skillet and heat
- 10. Dip the eggplant slices in flour, egg mixture and then in bread crumbs
- 11. Fry them in skillet until brown
- 12. Layer them on the bottom of the casserole dish in single layer
- 13. Sprinkle shredded cheese over eggplant
- 14. Ladle sauce over the layer
- 15. Continue to fry the eggplant and make layers until all cooked up. Add more olive oil as needed.
- 16. Pour sauce over top and more shredded cheese
- 17. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly.