Mock Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Mock Mashed Potatoes
- 1If using fresh cauliflower(more work, but my preference), cut the florets away from the core. Then cut larger florets into quarters and medium sized in half.
- 2Place cauliflower in large pot of salted, rapidly boiling water and cook on medium heat until very tender - about 30 minutes.
- 3Drain in large colander.
- 4Using cheesecloth or a non-terrycloth tea towel and working in batches, squeeze as much liquid out of the cooked cauliflower as possible. This is imperative to achieve the correct consistency.
- 5Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until very smooth. If you don't have a food processor, use a potato ricer or masher.
- 6Put pureed mixture into a buttered baking dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until the top begins to brown.