Mimi's Squash Casserole
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2 lb
- medium-sized yellow squash
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 c
- bread crumbs, dry
- 1/4 c
- 1/8 c
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped onion, more to your taste
- salt and pepper to your taste
How to Make Mimi's Squash Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Cut off tips of squash then cut into 3-4 pieces. Drop squash into large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tender. Drain well.
- 2Butter a 9 x 9 pan well. Set aside. In large bowl mash squash. Stir in egg, crumbs, butter, sugar, onion and salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with additional bread crumbs, if desired. I like cheddar cheese, too.
- 3Bake until lightly browned. Serve!