★★★★★ 1 vote5
- acorn or butternut squash (size you want)
- 1 medium
- apple, peeled, cored and sliced i usually use granny smith)
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/8 c
- butter, cut into chunks
- cinnamon (to taste)
How to Make Microwaved Squash and Apple Bake
- 1Wash and pierce whole squash. Microwave on high 10-12 minutes, or until squash feels soft to touch and according to the size you use. Let stand about 5 minutes.
- 2cut in half, and remove seeds. Place cut side up in a baking dish (size depends on how much you are cooking). If you cook more that 1 squash you will have to vary the amounts of the other ingredients or just to your taste.
- 3Fill centers of squash with sliced or diced apples (I dice). Top each with 1/2 of each of the brown sugar and cinnamon. Dot the tops with cut up butter.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and place back in the microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until the squash and apples feel tender.
- 5Let stand 2-3 minutes